Monday, July 27, 2015

Less Anxiety, More Peace!

Psalms 4:8 I will both lay me down in peace and sleep: for thou O Lord only makest me dwell in safety. 
Does anyone else lay your head down to sleep, exhausted, yet instead of falling peacefully to sleep, your mind is going crazy thinking of all the things to do tomorrow or even days into the future.
I can't just tell my brain to shut off, It's not like I need my brain to be anxiously thinking of what needs to be done, because guess what I can't do it til tomorrow! 
I struggle with this every night, sometimes I don't even realize I'm doing it!
This verse may be a lot more about safety but I like that it begins with peace, and that's what I need! 
When you go to bed, start with saying this prayer, don't just repeat it or say it as habit, really pray to God in your own way! If after your prayer and talking with God you still can't stop thinking about tomorrow, count your blessings! Maybe we can fall asleep thinking about all the good things rather than our To Do list. 

Colossians 3:2 set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth! 

Philippians 4:8 Finally brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, THINK ON THESE THINGS. 



No comments:

Post a Comment